2 Übernachtungen inkl. Halbpension, Lunchpaket und Betriebsbesichtigung Alb-Gold 94,00 € p. P. im DZ
Our forefathers ...
Founded in the 11th century – first documented reference 1227.
During its heyday, up to 120 nuns lived and worked here adhering strictly to the Benedictine monastic rule “ora et labora”.
The best known abbess was Veronika von Rietheim (1520 - 1551). She left her mark in many parts of the monastery, and these are visible today. Nearly all abbesses came from noble stock, so unavoidably brought with them their dowry, bringing prosperity to the monasteries. More than 25 buildings, 16 hectares of land, enclosed by a 2.2 km long outer monastery wall, three farm estates founded by the monastery, and the Heiligkreuztal forest all bear testimony to the significant wealth of the Cistercian convent.
You can fill your holiday with such a variety of fascinating things to do and see, discovering tourist attractions and the treasures of Upper Swabia.
Sights around Heiligkreuztal ...
- Bachritter Castle in Kanzach
- Thermal spa in Bad Saulgau
- Thermal spa in Bad Buchau
- "Wackelwald" adventure trail in Bad Buchau
- Most beautiful village church in the world in Steinhausen near Bad Schussenried
- Beer tankard museum Bad Schussenried
- Museum village Kürnbach
- Sigmaringen castle
- Canoe trip on the Danube starting in Sigmaringen
- Beautiful valley of the Danube
- The “holy mountain of Upper Swabia“ with the pilgrimage church on the Bussen mountain in Offingen
- Narrow gauge trip on the Öchsle train to / from Ochsenhausen-Warthausen
- Wimsener Höhle (Wimsen cave)
- Blautopf at Blaubeuren
- The Gaggli-Nudelhaus (pasta manufacturers) in Ennetach
- Celtic Museum Heuneburg
- Jünger house in Wilflingen
- Climbing park in Biberach
- A “sweet” excursion to the Baur chocolate factory in Warthausen
- Knopf and Knopf Museum in Warthausen